Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral
Releases October 13, 2011 from Razorbill
Glory is a young piano prodigy. Frank is the boy who moves in next door. Over the years, their friendship blossoms into an undeniable romance. As Glory descends from stunning piano prodigy into a kind of madness, Frank's love becomes more and more unshakable. They both become hopelessly fixated on the song "Chopsticks".

Part love story, part mystery, part visual collage, this novel is told through images as much as it's told through words. Ultimately the reader must decipher what is real, what is imagined, and what has been madness all along.

Richly imagined by author Jessica Anthony and hauntingly designed by Rodrigo Corral, Chopsticks will rivet teens and adults alike on numerous platforms, including a gorgeous book and paid app for the iPhone and iPad, with many additional features.

Okay, so I can never resist a promising music-related YA novel, and Chopsticks is no exception. Mm, I love the sound of "descend[ing] from stunning piano prodigy into a kind of madness." In YA lit, madness is a beautiful word.

I'm also intrigued by the fact that it's part visual collage, since I loved the images in The Sky is Everwhere by Jandy Nelson. I'm assuming that's where Rodrigo Corral comes in, who designed the new covers for the Uglies series, etc. At least I know if the story doesn't live up to my expectations, the photography probably will.

They're clean and modern, though I'll always love the old ones more. <3

And, finally, I leave you with a PRO medley of songs (cookies for those of you that recognize any!) played with chopsticks: