Changes Make My Blog Go Round - Opinions? :)


Edit-- Credit!! Forgot all about those crediting issues (like the airhead I am)! I tried to think of new and original aspects, but please tell me if you've seen these around and I'll be sure to give credit where it's due. And, likewise, I spent a lot of time thinking about these new changes, so I'd appreciate credit too. ALL MINE. *mwahahaha* ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've ended all my surveying and just want to say thank you again to everyone who filled it out! I had 54 responses, and they definitely got me thinking about what I could do to make my blog better - which turns out to be a lot. But I guess that's what they mean by there's always room for improvement.

Anyways, here's what's up with my blog in 2010! And, PLEASE, I would love any opinions or suggestions. It took my uncreative brain forever to even think of anything, so please tell me if something should be trashed or if you *gasp* like it? Here's the list:

1. Upcoming Releases - A little over half said that they'd love to see a list, so I'm making one. It's already up there in the navigation links, though I'm still filling it out. Looking sort of bare, but it'll be warm and cozy soon.

2. The Weekly Debate - Mondays only. I did the post "Visible Email Addresses - Do or Don't?" and was surprised to get a lot of responses! I have fun posting questions and reading your answers and some of you commented that a question encourages you to comments, so I've decided to do a question every Monday. It can range from blogging tips to the fact that Miley Cyrus is starring in Wings (ew?). I know I'm lacking in the "cool updates" section, so I'll try to occasional put up some recent news here for debating.

 3. The View on Thursday - Thursdays only. I'm still not exactly sure what I want to do here. I was thinking along the lines of either: 1) books being released the week after my post or 2) spotlighting covers of upcoming releases that come out whenever. Opinions?

4. Limiting Reviews and Increasing Interviews - Ahh, school, how you torture me. Alas, my schoolwork and college planning is starting to suffer because of blogging, so I'm having to restrict myself in 2010. I'll still be putting a lot of effort and time into blogging, it just means I'm going to limit myself to 2 reviews per week. On the other hand, I'm going to try increasing my author interviews to 1 interview per week; many people wanted to see more interviews, and I love doing them!! So it's a win-win situation.

Unfortunately, limiting might also mean less commenting. But that's why I'm introducing...

5. The Saturday Network - Or as I like to call it, Shameless Self-promoting Saturday! :D

What I'm going to try to do is a sort of comment-on-the-blog-above-yours, if that makes sense. I'll just put a post up with some instructions and perhaps some random ramblings, then you comment below with a link to your blog. The person who comments below you - let's call her Jane - then has to comment on your blog. Then John comes along, comments, and has to go comment on Jane's blog. And then Joe comes rambling along and you get the flow... You can comment around for as many times as you want, as long as you comment on the blog of the person above you. I'll also include a Mr. Linky for contests.

I don't know if this has been tried before (please tell me if it has) or if it'll work out, but I'm up for trying it. If that did not make any sense, since I know I tend to talk in circles, I'd be more than happy to explain it to you! If it sounds like a bad idea, please trash it before I embarrass myself.

I think that's it. So what do you think? Would you be interested in participating in any of these? :)