In My Musical Mailbox (31)

In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Pop Culture Junkie.


Wow, it's been a while. *dusts of this meme* I'll be covering all the books I've received in the past three weeks:

edit// I keep on forgetting things today. Those bookmarks, tattoos, and buttons are for Tera Lynn's Splash Team to promote Fins Are Forever. I'm getting my little sister to pass some out (since she's also a fan), and thanks, Tera! :)

GIFTED:
· The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater -- HOLY SDFBHKBQK#B*). I love Maggie Stiefvater's writing. I love her. I love the concept of The Scorpio Races. I love SANDY at Pirate Penguin's Reads, who was amazing to think of me and grab me a copy at BEA to surprise me with. And this was the toned down reaction, so a billion "thank you"'s and shining stars to Sandy. ♥
  
· Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan -- Another book that I've been lusting for ever since I found out about it, this one gifted by the awesome Terri at Alexia's Books and Such. She was generous enough to offer her extra copy to me (THANK YOU!), and if you haven't heard about Glow, here's the summary: outer space, dytopian, romance, and a hell of an adventure. ;)

WON:
 · Are You Going to Kiss Me Now? by Sloane Tanen -- Gah, I forgot where exactly I entered to win this, but thank you! (If I won it from you, please let me know so I can change this and thank you properly. :)) The characters were so out there, but it was interesting.

· Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus (signed) -- I won the new paperback version from Once Upon a Twilight. I reviewed Shadow Hills last year, but thanks to the coven over at Once Upon a Twilight and to Anastasia for personalizing my copy!

REVIEW:
· My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody
· Amplified by Tara Kelly
· Lie by Caroline Bock
· The Predicteds by Christine Seifert (and a card from her -- she's extremely sweet. <3)

Thank you to Henry Holt, Christine, St. Martin's Griffin, and Farrar, Straus, Giroux!

BOUGHT (forgot to put these in the picture):
So, I was saying I couldn't buy anything leading up to SAT's, but I had to spend another $15 with my SAT book to qualify for free Amazon shipping... 

· Divergent by Veronica Roth -- AMAZING. So amazing that I couldn't put it down until 2 a.m. despite having an IB exam the day after. I won't be reviewing it, but Divergent is definitely one of my top dystopian reads for 2011 and it lived up to all my lofty expectations. My only two issues: 1) meh feelings for Tris, and 2) not shiny enough cover. After seeing the ARC's, I thought it would be much, much shinier. ): Not that it detracts from the story, but still. (Four = ♥) 

· Moonglass by Jessi Kirby -- This one's shininess made up for Divergent's lack of it; it's so, so pretty in person. The thing that looks like a squashed bug on the inside of my third page kind of ruins it though, sigh (and it came like that). It's still waiting on top of my TBR pile...

OKAY, I'm done. Whew. I didn't expect to have so much to say, but I guess that's all been brewing over the past couple weeks. xD

Since I've already said so much, I'll keep the music blurb short. The first is "Through Glass" by Stone Sour, which has been running through my head ALL. DAY. The next two, "Perfect Two" and "Count on Me," are cute acoustic songs. Hopefully they brighten up your Sunday! :3




Fin. (If you're not asleep by now...) What did you get this week? :)