In My Mailbox (22) & Randomness

In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Pop Culture Junkie.

First, am I the only one here that gets a bit freaked out by howling wind and trembling buildings? My friend says it's like the wind "whip[ping its] hair back and forth" (Willow Smith reference, anyone?), but for some reason, I don't think that quite covers it.

Also, PILLOW FIGHTING DAY! Info and join [here]. Not going to do it myself because I won't be in the right place at the right time, but this is a piece of genius, I tell you.

Anyways, not much to report this week:


For Review:
Father of Lies by Ann Warren Turner -- thank you, HarperCollins.


Bought (from a closing Borders store, awws):
XVI by Julia Karr -- really, really like the cover on this one. I'm on page 98 right now, and it's pretty good so far, if a bit slow at times.
• A couple of SAT II/SAT/AP review books that I doubt anyone's interested in -- I'm trying to get books from my friends and libraries, but these books are still sapping money. *stabs the concept of standardized testing*

 RANDOM PICTURE OF THE DAY:
  
THE STORY: I was in the car on the way back from Borders yesterday, when my sister exclaims, "It's a car of balloons!" And, of course, being the Up fan I am, I had to look. So despite the woman driver's obvious "what's your problem?" stare as she passed us by (sorry), I also had to take this picture of all her balloons. The only thing that would've made it infinitely more awesome is if her car had started to float up, up, up-and-away. <333


One very last note before I retreat into my rabbit hole: I'm going to try and go back to before, when my reviews were mostly just stream of consciousness (aka brain spew). I've been trying to make them more formal because I greatly admire some fellow bloggers that do that, but I've realized it's just not me; it's much harder for me to enjoy blogging when conforming to that standard. I've always been easily influenced and a people-pleaser, so it's taken a while for me to try everything and decide. Just a heads up.

What did you get? Leave me a link, and I'll be sure to check it out. :)

Okay, I'm going back to my hole now. *hangs up a "visitors allowed" sign*