In My Mailbox (18) & Art

Photobucket
Don't forget to participate to win a $5 Amazon gift card! :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Pop Culture Junkie.

Wow, I haven't done one of these in a loooong time. *brushes off some dust*

Anyways, here's what I got this week:


For Review:
Manifest by Artist Arthur - I've seen other bloggers getting this one too, so I can't wait to share thoughts about it! Cover = very, very pretty. And, for the record, she's African American/Native American. Thank you to Lisa Roe and Harlequin!
Burned by P.C. and Kristin Cast - I just finished this one a couple days ago and will be putting my review up soon. The inside of the book jacket is a GORGEOUS POSTER that was an awesome surprise. :D Thank you to Tara and St. Martin's Press!
Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell - I recieved this one from HarperCollins, but it's an adult book and probably not one that I'd be very interested in. I'm thinking of passing it on, though I wish it wasn't so darn thick and heavy... *broke teenager speaking* Thank you to Danielle and HarperCollins!
In the Belly of Jonah by Sandra Brannan (amazon link because I can't find it on goodreads) - ... I think I might have accidentally recieved this one because the address and name are mine but the addressed book blog is not mine... Either way, I'm 99% sure this book isn't for me, though the cover is pretty spiffy; I like it. The only problem I have is that In the Belly of Johan has some sections with slight gore. Not the guts-all-over-the-wall kind but the usual murderer variety that I shy away from. I feel sort of bad, not to mention confused, so I'll be contacting the publisher who sent this to me and maybe I'll be able to give it away before its release in September. Thank you to Greenleaf Book Group LLC! 

From the Library:
The Musician's Daughter by Susanne Dunlap - I already finished this one, and like Anastasia's daughter (which I reviewed), it's packed with historical information. Quick and enjoyable read.

I didn't buy anything this week, but I'm pre-ordering more books as I type (13 to Life -- woo!). I also pre-ordered Sea by Heidi R. Kling early last week, which seems like a very good idea now considering all the hype it recieved on relase day, and CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT.

 

And that's it for me. What did you get this week? :)

<< -- Art piece for this week. Not my best work, but it was fun drawing. And it looks like an undead pirate, perhaps a Vampirate, hm?