Cake. Is. Awesome.


I have NO idea why anyone would be interested in this, but I made my FIRST cake today! It doesn't taste the best... nor look the best... BUT I AM STRANGELY PROUD OF IT! It's a fudge marble cake that tastes much closer to nothing, but that's okay, the buttercream icing sort of covers it up. For sprinkling sugar on it with my bare hands, I am pretty-freaking-PROUD *puffs up chest with importance*.

...

Okay, I'm over it now. I realize I should not grow up to be a cake chef. (Does anyone else watch Cake Boss? If I had my own cake boss, I would not be fitting into these shorts right now.) Sorry, I had to share -- but you can have a piece if you'd like. :)

AND CAN YOU DISPUTE THIS POST TITLE? I think not.

To make this post somewhat book-related, check back tomorrow for my post in Shannon Delaney's Start Your Day with Serial Tour!