Affiliate News! (3) & My Art

I bought a few books this week, but I'll be saving those for next week's In My Mailbox. Instead, it's time for the supposedly extinct affiliate news!


Eleni always picks the best for her Up & Coming YA Releases, and gave a 5-star review to Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia (I'm far from impressed right now, but that's a matter for another day...). She also has two awesome contests going on right now for I Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan (int') and a whole stack of books for her spring cleaning (US and Canada only).


Alyssa gave a glowing review to The Devouring by Simon Holt and Gregory complimented The Hunchback Assignments by Arthur Slade as "a fast-paced adventure with snapppy writing and an intriguing plot that had me from page one." They're also five follwers away from 1000, so... *hint hint*


Sandy reviewed Winter Longing by Tricia Mills and gave it 4.5 stars. The book doesn't come out until August, so I'm glad I've been anticipating something good! Also, on her Waiting on Wednesday post, she said something about showing readers her drawings... go tell her she should. ;)


M.I.A. :(


Lea just got back from hiatus, yay! She has a fairly new, very spiffy background and posted a review of The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks, giving it 4.5 stars.


Meg posted an awesome discussion titled "Strange Things About High School in YA" and I couldn't agree more (doesn't she always post the best discussions?! haha.). She also just reviewed The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson and gave it a 9/10 = definitely one to check out.


Kristen gave 5 stars to two books this week - wow! The first is Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson and the second is The Beautiful Between by Alyssa B. Sheinmel (a bit of a disappointment for me, but, again, a topic for another day). IMPORTANT: Kristen's first blogoversary is coming up in less than month! She wants to make it awesome, so if you'd like to GUEST POST or contribute in any way (ie. donate a prize, give advice), please email her ASAP at dragonzgoil(at)gmail(dot)com.

Sandy's mention of drawing reminded me of that one drawing I posted long, long ago... I haven't drawn in months and I just started drawing again a couple days ago, so I thought I might as well share a pencil drawing I did yesterday. (Haha, sorry, I'm still a bit rusty!) Would you be interested in seeing more of my art? If you say no, I won't get offended; this is a book blog after all. This picture does prove that I really am an occasional artist though, right? :)Photobucket