In My Mailbox - 1

I saw a lot of blogs participating in this meme and thought it seemed like a great way to share the books I have and will be reviewing later this week, so here it is! :)

In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Pop Culture Junkie.

Library:
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston

For seventeen-year-old actress Kelley Winslow, faeries are just something from childhood stories. Then she meets Sonny Flannery, whose steel-gray eyes mask an equally steely determination to protect her... [more]

-- The cover looks beautiful, and I love reading about faeries. I'm hoping this one will be good!

Bewitching Season by Marissa Doyle

In 1837 London, young daughters of viscounts pined for handsome, titled husbands, not careers. And certainly not careers in magic. At least, most of them didn’t. Shy, studious Persephone Leland would far rather devote herself to her secret magic studies than enter society and look for a suitable husband... [more]
-- This one immediately caught my eye, because I'm a huge fan of historical fiction, and the premise sounds like a very intriguing mix of magic, balls, and romance. Sounds like a great debut book.

 A Kiss in Time by Alex Flin

Talia fell under a spell . . . . Jack broke the curse.
I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic. . . .
I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.
I awakened in the same place but in another time—to a stranger's soft kiss. [more]

Bought: 

 Dark Visions by L. J. Smith

Kaitlyn Fairchild has always felt like an outsider in her small hometown. Her haunting eyes and prophetic drawings have earned her a reputation as a witch. But Kait's not a witch: She's a psychic. Tired of being shunned, Kait accepts an invitation to attend the Zetes Institute, where she can have a fresh start and study with other psychic teens... [more]

-- Loved The Night World series, and I'm sure this one will be just as good, if not better. I had to pick it up.

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

-- I fell in love with Shiver's gorgeous cover and print (and the story sounded intense)! Maybe it's not good to judge a book by it's cover, but this one was simply to beautiful to leave in the book store by iteself.



I also have won a few contests, but I'm not going to get those books for a while. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to reading all of these books and look for the reviews soon!