In My Mailbox (17) + Questions

I'm going to first get my In My Mailbox over with, which I haven't done for a few weeks. Wow. I can't even remember the last time I did one, haha. Anyways, it's a meme started by Kristi over at The Story Siren, and I heard she got some awesome books this week...  *wants* BUT that's okay! I've been seeing a lot of fairly new book blogs out there who are getting many wonderful ARCs, and I just want to say that I do NOT recieve many books to review. I get maybe 3-4 books to review every month, or possibly even less, and a number of those aren't ARCs. And that's fine, because getting free books isn't what's important; what's important is that I think I'll love every book I agree to review and don't feel weighed down by this huge stack of books that must be reviewed. I admit that at the beginning, though I really enjoyed simply sharing my thoughts, I also really wanted ARCs, but now I've realized that what really matters to me are participating in the awesome blogging community and working with all these fabulous authors/publishers. So I'm happy for all those new bloggers that are recieving stacks of ARCs (I spaz MAJORLY when I get a book I really want!), but, hey, I'm happy with myself too. AND HERE'S A SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE AWESOME NEW BLOGS OUT THERE! :)

Getting back onto topic, here's what I got this week. I didn't take a picture because I didn't get a lot of books, but next time I do, I promise to make a vlog... maybe... depending upon how stupid I look doing it...


For Review:
Ivy's Ever After by Dawn Lairamore - More of a middle-grade book, but it looks so cute! ALERT: fantasy freak. Thank you to Barbara from Blue Media Press!

Bought:
Mistwood by Leah Cypess - You guys all know what I think of this one... Click on the above link for review if you missed it!
Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry Trilogy #2) by Simone Elkeles - I. LOVE. SIMONE ELKELES. I'm probably not going to be reviewing this one, but it's definitely on par with all of her other works. Of course, it's less awesome than Perfect Chemisry, but that still means it is holy-freaking-awesome.

Whew, this long post is almost done! What I have left are just two little questions that are short but would mean so much to me if you answered them. They also affect you, my lovely readers, so I would really appreciate some feedback, thanks!

1. Do you want to see a huge celebration for my blogaversary or my birthday? (I'll still celebrate each of them, but I'm talking the huge month of giveaways/author features/etc.) Keep in mind my blogoverary is in August whereas my birthday is in October. And I'll be away from July 24th - August 17th for volunteer work, so I'm not quite sure if a a celebration during August would be advisable. It could be scheduled though!

2. Would any fellow bloggers (or perhaps even non-bloggers!) be interested in doing a guest post? I think I talked about this once, but it sort of flopped... I'm pretty open to any ideas here, so just let me know! Not saying my blog is that great, but I hope it'd be fun. :)

And yep, I think that's it. Thanks for tuning in, and feel free to tell me what you got in your mailbox or leave a link for me to check out!

P.S. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! <3