I'll probably be back with some mini-reviews later, but I just saw this over at Teens Read and Write (who saw it over at Books and Things) and it's a great cause. I've always wanted to adopt a dog, and though my parents wouldn't let me (nor did they let me adopt a cat, a horse, or a gerbil), I've always had a corner of my heart reserved for them. So what's the deal? For each blogger that posts about this, Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of dog food to shelters. Just a click on your side and food on the hungry doggy side. ♥ If you decide to participate, please remember to link your post on the blog hop below so it's credited. :)
The following info is copied from Books and Things:
Details:Pedigree is resurrecting is insanely successful Write a Post, Help a Dog program. In 2010, 391 bloggers wrote about the program and with each post, Pedigree donated 20 pounds of its Healthy Longevity dog food to shelter animals. In all, 7,820 pounds of food was donated to two shelters renowned for their care of senior dogs: Muttville Senior Dog Rescue in San Francisco and Castaway Critters in Harrisburg, Pa.
How you can help in 2011
Simply spread the word about Write a Post, Help a Dog 2011 and once again Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of food for each blogger's post. Here's all you need to include in your post:
- The Write a Post, Help a Dog program is aimed at raising awareness and food for the more than four million dogs that wind up in shelters and breed rescues each year.
- For each blog post mentioning the Pedigree Foundation from now until midnight ET on September 3, Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of its new dry Pedigree recipe food for dogs -- its best recipe ever -- to a shelter, because every dog deserves leading nutrition.
- The Pedigree Foundation -- a 501 (C)(3) nonprofit organization is committed to helping dogs by providing grants to shelters and rescues and encouraging dog adoption. This year the Foundation has already raised more than $376,570 against its goal of $1.5 million to carry out its work to fund grants that not only help shelters operate, but to further shelter innovations.
- Donate online at http://pedigreefoundation.org/donate.aspx
- Apply for a shelter grant from the Pedigree Foundation by completing a form atwww.pedigreefoundation.org
- Purchase Dogs Rule Gear at www.dogsrulegear.com where the proceeds go to the Pedigree Foundation to help loving dogs find a home. SPECIAL OFFER: Get 10 percent off Dogs Rule Gear by using the promo code BlogPaws10 from August 22 - September 30.
P.S. Unrelated note: I love how this new interface allows for copying and pasting images... or maybe that was always an option and I just didn't realize it, which is entirely possible, haha. Anyone else starting to train themselves on using the new interface? :3